I love the Ancients, and if you throw in some magic and dragons like this book did, then you’ve got my attention.
336 pages/ Fiction/ Dark Romance
The story involves Dragon Kings, Fae, Druids and the battle for supremacy between the magic world of immortals and human beings. There is a war brewing and an ancient Dragon King, Nikolai, is woken up from his deep slumber and finds himself in the middle of it all. He has the ability to bring to life one’s memories and thoughts through his art and Esther, a former MI5 Agent, and sister to Henry, a member of Dreagen, has lost a huge chunk of her memory after coming across a Druid.
In an attempt to regain her memory, Nikolai, comes to terms with an action they took against a former Dragon King, Ulrik, the man who raised him as his own after his parents were murdered. The guilt he’s carried over the years makes him not only vulnerable but also understanding of Esther’s fears and angst. When they are on the brink of finding the powerful Druid, Nikolai, realizes that Esther is his mate and that makes their quest more dangerous. Past secrets, former and new allies, all align and you can help but wonder when the next book’s going to be released.
- I loved the flow because the author’s writing feels like you are listening to a story and living it through the characters. She’s got a balance on character dynamics in the Dragon Kings.
- I am intrigued by the mystery she’s created around Ulrik. The other dragons know him as a great leader, calculative and even manipulative but they also know that he’s not a fool. It’s almost as though they are the pieces on his grand chessboard and he decides which moves to take.
I was drawn to Con because:
- He is in love with Rhi, a fae, and they cannot be because there are enemies including Rhi’s sister, who prefers to have them apart.
- He is the Dragon King who Ulrik is most likely to challenge to a fight and defeat.
- He is calculative, he does not second guess himself or give away too much of himself.
So, Donna Grant, I’d love to read Con and Rhi’s story because I know he did not just save Balladyn,because the woman he loves asked of him. He’s looking to collect a favor and I want to know what it is.
Can we take a second and talk about the cover? 🙂 🙂 I love it.
If you’re into ancients, magic, dragons, faes and love a story that moulds the past, present and future into one huge mystery then you’d better read the #DragonKings series.
PS: Thanks NetGalley
Get a copy: On Amazon